Ir para conteúdo
  • Cadastre-se

Quantas Vezes Por Semana Treinar Perna?

Alone350

Posts Recomendados

• Supermoderador

Encontrei dois estudos, um deles o que o craw menciona acima. Ambos foram revisados pelo Lyle Mcdonald. O primeiro não mostrou qualquer vantagem em treinar pernas antes. O segundo mostrou uma diferença bastante pequena (explicada no artigo).

West et. al. Elevations in ostensibly anabolic hormones with resistance exercise enhance neither training-induced muscle hypertrophy nor strength of the elbow flexors. J Appl Physiol. 2009 Nov 12.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/casein-hydrolysate-and-anabolic-hormones-and-growth-research-review.html

Summing Up: Leg training has no magic impact on overall growth, most of which is determined locally (through mechanisms of tension and fatigue mediated by changes in local muscular metabolism). If you want big arms, train arms. If you want big legs, train legs.

And if folks are wondering why empirically ‘folks who train legs hard’ seem to get big compared to those who don’t, I’d offer the following explanation: folks willing to toil on heavy leg work work hard. Folks too lazy to train legs hard often don’t. And it’s the overall intensity of the training that is causing the difference, not the presence or absence of squats per se. Which is why guys who only hammer pecs and guns get big pecs and guns even if they couldn’t find the squat rack in the gym: the small acute hormonal responses to training are simply irrelevant to overall growth.

Rønnestad BR et. al. Physiological elevation of endogenous hormones results in superior strength training adaptation. Eur J Appl Physiol. (2011) Feb 16.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/physiological-elevation-of-endogenous-hormones-results-in-superior-strength-training-adaptations-research-review.html

Ok, so now we have two disagreeing papers, what’s going on? In the study described in Casein Hydrolysate and Anabolic Hormones and Growth – Research Review, training legs with arms had no impact on size gains. In this study, there was a difference although an odd one (only part of the arm showed a differential growth) with a very very slight difference gain in strength although this is confounded by the legs+arm group ‘arm’ starting weaker. Sure they made better relative gains but they also had more room to improve. And although the legs+arm ‘arm’ ended up a bit stronger, the difference was a stunning 1kg (2.2 lbs) stronger. Yippee.

First, how do we explain the discrepancy between studies? I mean other than just dismissing whichever study you don’t agree with.

The researchers suggest that the main difference in results is in the timing of the exercises. In the first study on the topic, the leg training was done AFTER the arm training while in this paper the leg training was done BEFORE the arm training and perhaps anabolic hormones need to be increased prior to the arm training to have an impact. This would require further study. Basically they’d need to repeat the study and have one group do legs + arms with legs first and the other legs+arms with leg training second to see if timing was the difference.

Regarding the rather odd regional difference in growth, the researchers simply state “..the finding of no statistical significant increase in CSA at the part of the elbow flexors with the largest CSA in A was not expected and the reasons remain unknown.” Science speak for “I dunno.”

Here’s my actual random-assed guess. Recall from above how subjects were told to ‘keep the arms relaxed’ during the leg training. Have you ever seen anybody actually do it on heavy leg machine training? Me neither. Invariably they hold on to the machine handles with a death grip and I am willing to semi-seriously argue that the legs+arms group got a better direct arm training stimulus from the isometric work. Please note the phrase ‘semi-seriously’ and don’t get all freaked in the comments on this one.

So what’s the conclusion of all of this? Honestly, I’m not sure. The difference in strength gains was minimal and I can’t make any more sense of the size gains, especially the weird differential size gains seen in different ‘parts’ of the biceps, than the researchers did. Small group size, measurement error, just variability in all of this. I’m sure at least one person will argue that ‘If they’d squatted like real men, there would have been a difference’ in the comments section.

Maybe a longer study would show more pronounced results. There’s just no way to tell. Frankly, given the exceedingly small differences in anything measured I find it hard to use this study to support the long-held idea that training legs has a systemic anabolic effect.

It is interesting to note that the subjects reported generalized fatigue during the arm training following the heavy leg work and this is a practical consideration that people tend to miss I think. If the goal is increased upper body strength or size, training heavy legs first often takes so much out of the person that the upper body training is compromised. Sometimes severely.

Link para o comentário
Compartilhar em outros sites

Publicidade

• Respostas 34
  • Criado
  • Última resposta

Mais Ativos no Tópico

mpcosta82 e craw69, obrigado pelas informações é exatamente sobre o assunto que eu estava com duvida .

Lendo os artigos que o mpcosta82 postou cheguei à conclusão que o treino de pernas não traz ganhos significativos na parte superior... além de um fato que é citado em um dos textos e que realmente acontece, quando você treina perna antes do superior você já esta cansado na hora de malhar o superior e isso é muito inconveniente...

Poderiam realizar estudos quantitativos demonstrando qual é a porcentagem de aumento hormonal em um pós treino de perna..... mas pelo que os estudos já existentes mostram deve ser um valor bem pequeno....

A partir de agora vou treinar perna o mesmo tanto que treino os outros músculos.... pois vi que esse método de aumentar hormônios naturalmente não é tão bom quanto alguns artigos sobre pró hormonais dizem....

Abraços

Editado por Alone350
Link para o comentário

Amigos eu tinha feito a burrice de parar com o treino de pernas por um ano pensando em dar uma ênfase maior na parte superior do corpo.

SABE QUAL FOI O RERSULTADO.?!?!?!?

As pernas ficaram tão fracas que em exercícios como remada cavalinho, remada curvada e outros as pernas tremiam por não conseguir agüentar a carga que eu estava usando para treinar as costas.

Moral da história:

RESERVE UM DIA DA SEMANA PARA UM TREINO COMPLETO DE PERNAS, O MAIS PESADO QUE VOCÊ CONSIGA AGUENTAR. O RESULTADO VOCE VERÁ DE VARIOS MODOS DIFERENTES..

Grande abraço e bons treinos.

Link para o comentário

Crie uma conta ou entre para comentar

Você precisar ser um membro para fazer um comentário

Criar uma conta

Crie uma nova conta em nossa comunidade. É fácil!

Crie uma nova conta

Entrar

Já tem uma conta? Faça o login.

Entrar Agora

• Criar Novo...